RANGERS take on Partick Thistle today and we’ve pulled together some Fast Facts about the game here.
- The sides have met on 93 previous occasions in league matches at Ibrox with Rangers having won 72 times and Thistle gaining six victories with the remaining 15 matches ending all square. Rangers have scored 244 goals in the process, conceding 76
- Rangers have won the last seven consecutive league meetings between the sides at Ibrox, dating back to a 1-1 draw in May 1995 on the day Gers lifted the League Championship trophy to mark seven in a row. The Jags’ last league victory at Ibrox came in October 1981 when Mo Johnston was on the scoresheet in a 2-0 win
- Joe Dodoo is the top scorer in matches against Thistle of the current squad, having come off the bench to score a double when the sides last met in November. Partick are one of two Premiership sides this season that Kenny Miller has yet to find the net against in a Rangers jersey (the other being Ross County).
- The last seven league matches between the sides that ended in a draw were all by the same 1-1 scoreline. The last time Rangers and Partick fought out a draw that wasn’t 1-1 was in March 1980 when they battled to a goalless contest at Ibrox.
- Seven players – Foderingham, Tavernier, Wallace, Wilson, Halliday, Holt and Miller have started both matches against Partick Thistle so far this season. Another four –Garner, McKay, Forrester and Dodoo have also featured at some stage of the two fixtures.
- Rangers have scored in the 40th minute of each of the previous three league encounters with Partick Thistle at Ibrox. Michael Mols made it 2-0 in November 2003 before Gers eventually ran out 3-1 winners, Steven Thompson opened the scoring in a 2-0 win in April 2004 and, most recently, Andy Halliday grabbed the second in a 2-0 victory in October last year.
DANNY WILSON EXCLUSIVE
TODAY’S 100-page matchday programme is packed with interviews and features with your favourite Ibrox stars, including defender Danny Wilson.
There’s an exclusive with the in-form centre-half in this weekend’s bumper issue for Partick Thistle’s visit to the stadium and inside you will also find the following:
- Pedro Caixinha’s manager’s column
- Captain Lee Wallace’s programme notes
- Lee Hodson picks his best XI from players he’s played with and against in My Top Team
- Exclusive interviews with former Ibrox stars Marvin Andrews and Alex Forsyth
- Nine in a Row 20 Years On – The Key Men: Mark Hateley
- On The Spot with Croatian playmaker Niko Kranjcar
- The Last Word with Academy graduates David Bates and Myles Beerman
PLUS there is a tricky quiz to test your football knowledge, On This Day, Andy Cameron, Action Replay, Snapshot and Junior Gers.
All this and so much more is in this weekend’s 100-page official matchday programme, price just £3.50. Don’t miss it!